Sunday, December 9, 2012

First Block of Month Club-Wool

I ordered a wool block of the month club from Primitive Gatherings. This is my first ever block of the month club. I decided on this one because it is not a quilt, each block stands on it's own. There is a wooden display piece to display a single block each month which makes it unique. Anna from Wooly Mammoth told me about it and I signed right up.

I received the blocks for December and January and the backround last week so today I decided to work on January's block (I can do December later to display next year).

January's block:

First I had to trace the pattern in reverse, you'll see why in a minute

 
Then I had to trace the reversed pattern on fusible web, I used "Lite Steam-A-Seam 2"
 
 
I traced all the pieces on the fusible web and assembled my block to make sure I had all the pieces:
 
 
Then I peeled off the backing, I must admit I forgot to do this with the snow drops and had to cut more out of the fusing.
 
 
Then using an iron I pressed it to my fabric to fuse it and cut out each piece.
 
 

I peeled off the top protective sheet, leaving the fusible web exposed.
 

 
I put the fusible side down on the backround fabric:
 
 
I put all the pieces in place and fused them together. (This is the reason you reverse the pattern)

 
 

 
Now I have stitch down all the pieces and do the embroidery work. It's going to be so cute, can't wait to see how it turns out.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.