Friday, December 21, 2012

Not a good first impression!

On one of our walks this week, DH, Miss Roxy our Yorkie and I ran into our new neighbor. This lady bought a house just a few houses down from us. Her property's location is great, on one side it's bordered by a creek and it backs up to an open field.

Back to the lady, as we approached her I asked if she was our new neighbor and she said something like she didn't know. I asked if she lived in the house she was standing in front of, she said yes and I pointed to where we lived. (I would think that if my house can be seen from hers we're probably neighbors, right?) In a disgusted tone she said "oh the one with all the Christmas decorations". I said that was us.

 I introduced myself, DH and Miss Roxy, the lady then said everyone around here has a little dog, except her. I agreed that a lot of people in the community have dogs.

I told her I was jealous of her property. She said not to be jealous because the house had been a mess and she had to spend a lot of money to fix it up. She said the previous owners had a little dog that they let pee all over the carpets so she had to replace all the carpets and paint. (now we know why she doesn't like little dogs). My thoughts: One-she knew the condition of the house when she bought it. Two-the house is 10 years old so it would need paint and probably new carpets.

DH said we also had to paint and redo the floors when we moved into our home. I said at least it's fresh and clean and she got to make it hers. That didn't go over well.

We started to finish our walk but I realized I didn't get her name so I asked what her name was. She told me. (It's the name of the main character in the Wizard of OZ).

As we were walking away she asked who our long distance carrier was, I told her we didn't have one as we use our cell phones. She said she didn't have a cell phone and that she had called AT&T and they told her that her address didn't exist. This discussion went on for a while but she wasn't happy with the answers we gave her.

Not once during our conversation did this lady smile or say anything pleasant. When we got home I told DH that I thought she was named after the wrong OZ character, I think she might be related to the Wicked Witch of the West and that we'd better keep a close watch on Roxy. I could just hear her saying "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!". I'm keeping an eye out for flying monkeys.

I hope your neighbors are more pleasant than this one.



7 comments:

  1. Hello Ronda, It sounds like your neighbor is a very unhappy and unpleasant lady. Life is so short sad that someone has such a negative attitude. But you was a good neighbor and tried to welcome her. It now up to her.

    The storm mostly missed up. Dropped 15 inches of snow in Wisconsin and lost it punch by the time it crossed Lake Michigan and hit us. Huge Very Big Smile.

    Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, glad the storm wasn't bad in your area. Hope you're ready for Chistmas. I'm almost there. Blessings, Ronda

      Delete
  2. Hi Ronda, I'm sorry that you got the cold shoulder from your new neighbour even though you were very friendly toward her. She does seem to be unhappy. It's hard to say why some neighbours are so unfriendly, perhaps it comes from having had an unpleasant life or unpleasant neighbours before she moved. I hope that she will warm up after a while, if not, at least you have tried to be welcoming to her. It's hard to know a person well unless we have walked a mile in their shoes so to speak.

    I hope that you don't take her attitude personally as it's her problem, and that you will have a great Christmas. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful by the way.

    Merry Christmas,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, No I did 't take it personally, I was more amused than anything. My Hubby does the outdoor decorations, I just let him do his thing. Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sister,
    Well I'd be a tad bit negative too if I was named Toto. My neighbours aren't that friendly either. Where HAVE the friendly people all gone to? By the way, your house isn't decorated like the one in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is it? Enjoy yourself's tommorrow.
    Love, Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toto is the main character in the Wizard of OZ? Who knew. We have some friendly neighbors, but most of the people who live on the side of the street where WWOTW lives are grouches, must be the air. Think of you.

      Delete
    2. You didn't know that Toto was the one running the whole show. Slipped Dorthea a couple of magic mushrooms...and violá, munchens! You joke about the air, but maybe it's something in the ground? The water they're drinking? Well anyway, I'd stay away from the grumps on the WRONG side of street if I were you. Love, your brother

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.