Friday, February 15, 2013

First flowers of spring

I had a nice surprise in the garden yesterday


The first daffodils were blooming, just in time for Valentines Day.

Mountain Man took me out to dinner at our local steak house. I love the dress code in the mountains, for going out to dinner it's your best jeans, and a nice top. For men, they add their best pair of boots. Can you tell I'm not into fashion? I would not do well in New York.

We had a nice dinner and splurged on dessert:


Since MM had a cold the restaurant split it for us and gave us separate plates. Having a Chef for a son I appreciated the presentation.

I'm almost finished with my dragonfly rug, just a little left to do here and there:


Maybe I'll finish this weekend.

It's suppose to be in the 70's here this weekend so I hope to spend some time outdoors to enjoy it.

Til next time, Ronda
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the blooming daffodils - so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki, one of the good things about living in California, we get spring early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous, too...mine are still buried under a foot of snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilma, Our spring comes very early so I'll be ready to enjoy your spring flowers when they arrive.

      Delete
  4. Flowers...how wonderful!! We will see some in May perhaps! Yours are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By May our roses will be at their peak and the strawberries will be ripening. We usually have fresh strawberries for dessert on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.