Monday, March 4, 2013

But Honey, it was on sale.

On Saturday I went used wool clothing shopping. (I'm trying to build up my wool stash). Imagine my delight when I discovered that EVERYTHING in the Salvation Army Thirft store was 1/2 off.

I pulled all the skirts that looked like they were wool and came home with this:


Nine wool skirts and one jacket. Each one cost $2.25. I got at least a 1/2 yard of fabric from each piece. With new wool starting around $25 a yard these were good buys.

I found most of the pieces above at the first store but there was a second Salvation Army Thirft store in the area so I had to visit it as well. I found a couple of the wool skirts there but I also found this:

 
A gently used Lazy Boy recliner priced at $84 but remember everything was half off so I got it for $42. I had to move fast so I didn't get to run it by Mountain Man before I bought it, not sure he's as excited about my purchase as I am.
 
My second problem, I was in the Mini and had to come up with a way to get it out of the store. I could have waited until Monday but I didn't want to take the chance of leaving it there. I called my youngest and he was nice enough to come and pick it up for me. I paid for the chair and sat in it until he was able to get there. I can't tell you how many people came by and looked at it wanting to buy it. It's safely in his garage until we can get it up the mountain.
 
 I've been wanting a chair for my studio and I am so excited I was blessed with this one.
 
I finished hooking my chicken mat:
 
 
I've blocked it and now I have to finish it so I can hang it.
 
I'm in the middle of Deanne Fitzpatrick's Wild with Wool class and am enjoying it. One of the assignments was to do a sampler rug to see how different wools hook up I began that rug yesterday, I'll post pictures later this week.
 
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ronda


 

1 comment:

  1. Funky chair! It cracks me up that you sat in it while you waited, but I probably would have done the same thing. Cute chicken too

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.