Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sierra Mountain Quilters "Mountain Gems" Quilt Show

Last weekend was the SMQA bi-annual quilt show. It was held at the Oakhurst Community Center in Oakhurst, California. My friend Rosemarie came up the mountain to go to the show, our local quilt shop and just enjoy the day together.

Lots of beautiful quilts, here are a few of the quilts I enjoyed:

This one was amazing, stack and whack on steroids.

 
The next one was fun and full of bright colors:

 
 
The work in this one was unbelievable. I took numerous pictures to show the details:


 
 
I loved the Quilters comment, "Trying to match all of those shapes was something of a nightmare".
You think?

 
The applique on this quilt is outstanding:
 
 
 
I love the way that some of the applique overlaps to the neighboring blocks. It's difficult to see but there is a tree on the far right side of the quilt, the little squirrel near the bottom right hand corner is sitting on the tree's trunk. The tree goes to the top of the quilt. Wish I would have taken a better picture.
 
There were also some great raffle prizes, each of the guilds sewing circles put together baskets full of goodies. I had a hard time deciding which baskets to put my tickets in.
 
 
 
Even though I didn't win a basket I had a wonderful time.
 
Most of this week has been spent getting ready for the community yard sale on Saturday. I sure hope we sell most of our stuff, I don't want to have to haul it home afterwards.
 
I did get to go to Wool Club on Wednesday and Rosemarie joined me. It was nice to share some girl talk.
 
I got all my quail stitched down, I want to embellish them but probably won't have time to work on them until next week.
 
If you're a Mom I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day.
 
Til next time, Ronda

 

 

4 comments:

  1. My word, those quilts are amazing! The geometric ones are impressive, but personally I'm a bit partial to the flower ones. Just lovely! It must be so cheery to have flowers "blooming" all year round in one's home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those quilts are for real quilters enthusiast. It's unbelievable the amount of work they represent.
    Thanks for sharing those great quilt pictures.
    Happy Mothers Day too and have a great weekend Rhonda.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely quilts indeed. I especially like the Wildflower one.. Beautiful work. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what a lot of work. I love the last floral one. Looks like you are right in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.