Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Birthday

My birthday was yesterday and I was blessed to receive messages from family and friends via Facebook. Having retired from the greeting card business I know social media often takes the place of cards, but I love being able to connect with people I might never hear from otherwise.

My Mom hosted a family gathering on Sunday and had a cake made just for me. It was an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, and had a lot of my favorite things: chocolate kisses, white cake, and gold medal ribbon ice cream---what a treat.

 
MM did the honors, we could hardly wait.


My almost Grand-daughter gave me these beautiful flowers. She'll be official when my Son marries her Mom on October 13th. (Oldest son and his finance are in the picture above---just behind the cake).


All in all it was a very nice birthday. Ronda
 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the birthday cake Rhonda. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. How sweet and thoughtful of your almost granddaughter to give you a nice bouquet of flowers for your birthday.

    Have a great rest of the week.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, The cake was amazing and I was good, I only had a tiny piece.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Those flowers are lovely and that cake sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.